Saturday, October 31, 2015

Chunky Slouchy Shrug/Sweater

Hi!
I was looking on Ravelry for the first time in two years, and I found a beautiful shrug/sweater made by Lion Brand and Stephanie from All About Ami.

I always wanted to make myself a sweater but never had the patience to make one. Quickly, I glanced at the pattern, and it is really easy and quick to make!

First, I bought 5 balls of Bernat Softee Chunky yarn in "Grey Ragg" because grey is one of my favourite colours.



Since I am super short, I did ended up using 4 balls of the grey yarn.
To make the sweater, I used my 10mm crochet hook:

To start making the sweater, I crocheted a long chain ( I chained 65 chains). Then, I single crocheted in the back loops of every stitch.

Doesn't the ribbed texture look beautiful?


After crocheting a long rectangle( the width of the rectangle was the length of my right shoulder to my left shoulder), I folded the entire piece in half. The ribbed texture should be going verticle instead of horizontal
After folding it in half, I sewed the sides only half way and left a hole at the sides. After I unfolded the sweater and added a collar, my sweater looked like this:
Tada!!

I am really happy with how this sweater turned out. This was my first time making a sweater, and it was really easy to make! I am definitely going to wear this sweater all fall and winter. :)


Happy crocheting and crafting!
~Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment